Monday, July 6, 2009

Pinpoint Bleeding

I really hate my skin.
I could deal with blemishes, those go away.
What I can't get over are the wounds all over my legs.
Leaving one area to crop up in another.
Autoimmune disease.
Do you know what it feels like to watch your body fight off itself?
Genetic malfunction.
People look at it, even people who know me.
And they just have to talk about it.
It does not go away.
Everyone wants to find a cure for cancer. Well there is. It's called chemotherapy.
Find a cure for this.
For the people whose skin keeps overproducing cells to fight itself off.
It can cover the whole body.
Inflaming the joints.
Folding nails in on themselves and crumbling.
The excesses skin comes away and the skin underneath starts bleeding.
I could get a tiny scratch.
With one tiny germ inside.
And my skin would build itself over the area until the flesh is disfigured.
Falling apart.
Imagine your body, every thirty days, shedding and replacing the skin.
Fresh and new.
Now imagine my body, every three days, replacing skin over skin that hasn't left.
Dean skin coming off in the wrong places.
Bloody and cracked.
Imagine it getting worse for a lifetime.
It does not get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment